Saturday, November 06, 2010

Life’s a journey - not a destination

Today as many days, I listen to songs and I have listened to this one several times. Trying to decipher if this is a song that I can verbalize to others. Oh what the heck! I am going to give it a shot!


the lyrics

I kept the right ones out
And let the wrong ones in
Had an angel of mercy
To see me through all my sins
There were times in my life
When I was goin’ insane
Tryin’ to walk through the pain

And when I lost my grip
And I hit the floor
Yeah, I thought I could leave
But couldn’t get out the door
I was so sick n’ tired
Of livin’ a lie
I was wishing that I would die

It’s amazing
With the blink of an eye
You finally see the light
It’s amazing
That when the moment arrives
You know you’ll be alright
It’s amazing
And I’m saying a prayer
For the desperate hearts tonight

That one last shot’s a Permanent Vacation
And a how high can you fly with broken wings
Life’s a journey - not a destination
And I just can’t tell just what tomorrow brings

You have to learn to crawl
Before you learn to walk
But I just couldn’t listen
To all that righteous talk
I was out on the street
Just tryin’ to survive
Scratchin’ to stay alive

“So, from all of us at Aerosmith to all of you out there, wherever you are.
Remember- the light at the end of the tunnel
may be you. Goodnight!

I understand this song was made during their days of drug and alcohol abuse. I also am interpreting it the way I am feeling at this time. I also understand that this song refers to a higher power. Whether you believe in a higher power or not, I am not here persuade you. I am just hopefully offering some insight and hope.

I kept the right ones out
And let the wrong ones in
Had an angel of mercy
To see me through all my sins

My first thoughts were how I did not listen to others in my choice of my man. How others told me he was so wrong for me. Relationships were not working for me and "he" was the one for me. I could not listen to others. So glad I had my angel of mercy watching over me, as I would not realize how much the angel was needed.

There were times in my life
When I was goin’ insane
Tryin’ to walk through the pain

Never gave this much thought till now. Alienators try to make you feel crazy, insane, unstable. You are so confused. You are hurting due to many things. You are living a life of emotional pain.

And when I lost my grip
And I hit the floor
Yeah, I thought I could leave
But couldn’t get out the door

Alientaors will push you to limits and beyond. You hit rock bottom, thinking you can handle things, but you can't.


I was so sick n’ tired
Of livin’ a lie
I was wishing that I would die

what lie was I living? The lie that was made for me by the alienator. Did I wish i could die? Oh gosh many times....it had to be easier then the hell I was living.

It’s amazing
With the blink of an eye
You finally see the light
It’s amazing
That when the moment arrives
You know you’ll be alright

Not a blink of the eye if you are currently being targeted by the alienating parent. But as time has passed...I have to say a blink of an eye. Why? If one dwells and gets caught up in the moment and does not progress...you may not progress. That moment, if and when it arrives may not be what you wanted. As you look back, you will realize that you have arrived and will be alright.

And a how high can you fly with broken wings
Life’s a journey - not a destination
And I just can’t tell just what tomorrow brings
You have to learn to crawl
Before you learn to walk

Wow! some powerful words!

So in closing. I have made bad choices..am so glad to have my angel of mercy watching over me. You have to learn to crawl sometimes again so you can walk. It is amazing what persistence, faith and determination can do. Never give up! Life’s a journey - not a destination
And I just can’t tell just what tomorrow brings

1 comment:

  1. my life with parental alienation....I lost my sons 10 years ago...the mourning that never ends....Please, read my blog
    http://untilyousayuncle.blogspot.com/2010_01_01_archive.html

    ReplyDelete