Wednesday, February 18, 2009

My experience talking about parental alienation

I ruffled some feathers today. It was not intentional, but it happened. I figured saying I ruffled some feathers sounded better than saying I pissed some people off today. OK, now I said it!

I know where my heart is concerning the topic of parental alienation and I am pretty sure I know where I stand concerning parental alienation too. A situation arose today that sent some red flags up for me and I acted upon them. In this situation, the father, was the one I suspected of being either alienated or very much in the process of being alienated. I spoke to the father privately and gave him a flyer about parental alienation and also gave him my email address and name. I am not sure if others around me knew I did this, but I did see some things and overheard conversations later that made me angry. To protect identity's, I will not elaborate any further about the situation.

I do want to point out that I write this blog based on my personal experiences and from those I know affected by parental alienation. I am female, I am a mother, and I feel my ex husband did a number on me, does not care about our child and uses our child to hurt me as well. This is not about me or my ex husband. This is about children being torn from parents that love them and the children want the relationship with both parents, but one parent carries out the revenge by convincing their children to hate a parent. I think my ex is a chump, but does that mean he does not love our son or want a relationship with him. This is not for me to decide. Unfortunately, my ex decided that our son wants nothing to do with me. That was not his decision either.

I wish parents, who are supposed to be the adults, could put aside the personal feelings they have for the ex partner and let these children love both parents. This is what I stand for.

Parental alienation is abuse! Stop the abuse!

No comments:

Post a Comment